※ Major Introduction(focused on specialized field in 2011)
1) School of Mechanical Engineering
- Major instruction : The school of mechanical engineering opened in 1953. The School of Mechanical Engineering was designated as a government-affiliated engineering department in 1994, was selected to join the New University for Regional Innovation (NURI) project in 2005, and Phase 2 of the Brain Korea 21 (BK21) Project in Science and Technology in 2006, and was selected as a Field of Specialization at College in 2007. As such, the school has received concentrated education support and investment from the government, which it has leveraged to offer the highest possible level of undergraduate and graduate education, with the aim of fostering talented individuals who are equipped with on-the-job aptitude and creativity.
- After graduation: automotive, aerospace, shipbuilding, including state agencies manufacturer's design engineering, systems engineering, facilities management, such as steel and chemical engineering, and various mechanical parts in a variety of fields, including engineering advance. In particular, high-value power plants, automobile charger, power agencies, and environmental pollution in the field of fluid, electrical and electronic equipment are related. Many recent graduates are hired in Samsung, LG, Hyundai Motor Group. The number of executives working in top 6 conglomerates are ranked top 2.
2) School of Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering
- Major instruction : Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering is a field of study that researches the technologies required for the efficient and economical design, production, construction, and operation of vessels and marine structures that have excellent mobility, floatability, and loading capacity.
- After graduation : Almost 100 % of graduates success to have job after graduation. 56% of them are hired in Samsung heavy industry or Hyundai heavy industry.
3) School of Chemical engineering
- Major instruction : Chemical engineering is the branch of engineering that deals with the application of physical science (e.g. chemistry and physics) and life sciences (e.g. biology, microbiology and biochemistry) with mathematics, to the process of converting raw materials into more useful or valuable forms. In addition to producing useful materials, modern chemical engineering is also concerned with pioneering valuable new materials and techniques - such as Nano technology, fuel cells and biomedical engineering. Chemical engineering largely involves the design, improvement and maintenance of processes involving chemical or biological transformations for large-scale manufacture.
- After graduation : Approximately 90% of graduates are hired in LG, Samsung, SK, Hyundai. Many chemical engineers work on biological projects such as understanding biopolymers (proteins) and mapping the human genome or refinery and petrochemicals, fine chemicals, semiconductors and related electronic display, plant design, engineering, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, etc.
4) School of Chemistry
- Major instruction : The study of Chemistry is divided into the five fields of Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, and Biochemistry. Students learn general chemistry, which encompasses all five fields and other individual areas of study through experiments and lectures.
- After graduation : After graduates, students either continue on to graduate school or have a job in pharmaceutical companies, food companies, materials companies, household goods companies, petroleum products, companies, government agencies.
5) School of Physics
- Major instruction : As of 2010, the Department of Physics has 22 of the best full-time professors. Almost 100 SCI-level dissertations are published every year in renowned international scientific journals, including Nature and Physical Review Letters. For the study, the solid-state physics, experimental, computational fields, nano-physics experiments, optics, statistical physics, nuclear and hadrons experiments, and particle physics are related.
- After graduation : A large percentage of students of the department continue on to graduate schools and eventually become researchers or professors at colleges and research institutes, contributing enormously to the development of basic sciences. Graduates also become valuable employees at companies such as Samsung, LG, Hyundai, Daewoo, POSCO, Atomic Energy Research Institute, Research Institute of Standards and Science, Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute, Defense Research Institute, etc.
6) School of Nano Mechatronics
- Major instruction : The aim of Nano Mechatronics is to foster excellent personnel better equipped in both theory and practice in the field of electronic engineering, materials engineering and nano-mechanism of fusion systems, semiconductor, energy, display, device and process.
- After graduation : After graduating with a degree in Nano Mechatronics engineering, students can work at the core technology-based industries, research institutes, and universities in the fields of precision machining, semiconducting materials & display, energy & environmental engineering, as well as in traditional mechanical and electrical engineering-based heavy industry.
7) School of Business Administration
- Major instruction : The College operates the nation’s leading business administration curriculum, combining tracks such as international business administration, business administration information, marketing, production management, HR and organizational management, financial management and accounting, in order to cater to converging academic needs.
- After graduation: Graduates can work in professional market such as certified public accountants, securities analysts, fund managers, management consultants, etc. They can be hired in large, small and medium enterprises, investment banking and government agencies, etc. or continue on to the graduate schools or manage their own business.
8) School of Plant Bioscience
- Major instruction : School of Plant Bioscience is related to crop productivity, medicinal herbs plant development, new functional materials, creation. In addition to it, this field is associated with traditional breeding methods as well as crop genetic improvement method to produce eco friendly production. The curriculum of the department includes basic courses such as Plant Science, Genetics, Physiology, Statistics, and Biochemistry; courses directly related to plant cultivation, including Cultivation, Crop Ecology, Food Crop Science, Medical Crop Science, Cash Crops, and Weed Science; and courses closely related to plant breeding, such as Crop Breeding and Genetic Engineering.
- After graduation : Graduates continue on Graduate School of Medicine and Graduate School of Medicine or work in seed research institute, research institute under rural development, various laboratory organized by government, life sciences research institute, Korea Tobacco & Ginseng Corp etc.